Our social worker gave me permission to shop. In other words, she told us that we should start to think about acquiring baby stuff, so that by the time we travel we will have all the baby stuff (nursery etc.) and will not have to buy stuff at the last minute. This does make some sense since most of the adoption costs come at the end of the process, so that is when we will have the least cash on hand.
Therefore, I am cautiously starting to look for baby stuff. The books that I am reading about promoting attachment between the baby and parents recommend that you get baby carriers that strap to you (the slings or backpacks). This way the baby gets used to you, your smell, your voice etc. better. There are ton of types of carriers out there. I think that the ones at this website are really cute, because you can pick the fabric etc. Baby Hawk
Seriously, though, we are not going to dive right in and decorate the entire nursery before we even get documents to Vietnam, but it is fun to start looking:)
Also, note that in our timeline (at the right) we got Nate's passport back with the correct spelling! So, we are finishing up!
Saturday, November 04, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Yippee!! Congratulations!! When should I come visit and we can shop and decorate?!?
Post a Comment