Well, it has been a while since I updated this. As mentioned in the last post, I went to a long education session last week. It was a really good experience. I learned a lot, and met a very nice fellow prospective adoptive parent (there were only two of us at the training...everyone else will be watching the long DVD like Nate:)).
Anyway, we got all sorts of advise and resource recommendations:) In addition to much of the information, the following book recommendations on Vietnam/Adoption/Parenting were made (I bought all of these, but have not read them all yet):
Find Katherine: A Spiritual Guide to Vietnam and Motherhood by: Ellen Fitzenrider
If you Lived Here: A Novel by: Dana Sachs
Bringing our Angel Home by: Tracy S. Pillow
Dear Sam and Dani: An Adoption Journal by: Cindy Roberts
Beyond the Blue by: Leslie Gould
Culture Shock Vietnam and Culture Shock USA
Positive Discipline by: Jane Nelson
The Family Adoption by: Joyce Pavao
I also learned that there are LOT of things that I should/could be doing to prepare. Prepare our will...buy car seat...find pediatricians and dentists...child proof the house...finish the nursery...begin the child's life book...
So, I guess maybe we should be glad that we still have time left to get all this done, but I would not mind at all if the referral came before we had everything done:)
Sunday, May 06, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
You will really like "Finding Katherine". I have read it 3 times and plan to read it again on the plane to Vietnam.
Post a Comment