Sunday, May 13, 2007

No, we have not heard anything ....

They sell adoption shirts that say "no, we have not heard anything, yet..." I used to think that they were silly, because I could not imagine wanting to dissuade someone from asking that question and getting to talk all about the adoption....
But, I have to be honest, I am starting to understand why they are made. It is not that I do not want to talk about the adoption...because I do...I often think that I talk about it way more than anyone really wants to hear:) However, it is a bit of a let down to constantly be replying to the question with ... "Nope, no news...."

So, When people ask whether we have heard anything yet...I have instead taken the opportunity to update them on the parts of the wait that I do have control over...

(1) The quilt project (which is going Great!...check out www.quiltofsquishes.blogspot.com...there is still time to contribute a squish if you feel so inclined),

(2) the nursery and other shopping...okay, so we have stalled a bit on this one...but... we are starting to consider the baby when shopping for things around the house...Nate decided to buy a quarter of a cow (in the form of meat...don't ask) and so he also decided he needed a deep freeze...and despite my resistance to yet another energy sucking appliance...I was really glad, when upon returning with his purchase, he was ready to tell me about the child safety lock:)

(3)The education...our Vietnamese travel class was postponed from next week to June...but in the meantime I am still reading all the books (see last post) :)

So, feel free to keep asking if we have heard anything...but, be warned that you might be met with a response about the challenges of using a rotary cutter when cutting quilting squares :)

P.S. Thanks to Kim and Jessica for attending Big Hair Ball with me:) For those who have never been to the Des Moines social event (a fund raiser for the Des Moines Art Center)...see what you are missing...:) (there are hair stylists set up at the event to make sure that all party goers have all the teasing, color, feathers and other big hair treatments they need...)



(This picture courtesy of DMJuice)





1 comment:

Meghan said...

You girls look AWESOME!!!
Hope you had fun. Some day I will regale you with stories of Hugh and his Jungle Room.