Monday, May 21, 2007

Referral!!

We are so thrilled to announce that today we received (and accepted) a referral for a baby boy.

We cannot believe how quick this all happened (our documents have not even been in Vietnam 3 months...see ticker at the bottom of this screen)!!! I got a call from Gift of Love at work; Beth said..."we have good news" and I nearly jumped out of my skin, but then they could not get Nate to pick up his phone...and since we both wanted to be there, I said that I would track Nate down and we would come to the agency office. So, shaking I tried to call Nate again and got through to him....I ran through the skywalk to Nate's office and we then took the world's longest elevator ride to the car and then what seemed like the longest car drive ever. Thank goodness that Nate kept his cool, because I definitely would not have been a good driver at that point:) I was also busy calling family to tell them the good news!!

We are still letting it all sink in....took the rest of the day off work, because let's face it, we were we could not have contributed much:)

Anyway...the beautiful baby boy was born 2/26/07 (the same day our documents arrived in Vietnam). :) Now, given that this happened so much sooner than we planned, we have to get so many things ready!! Our agency estimates that it will be about 30 days or less before we travel! So, much to do so little time!! (On the other hand, I cannot wait to go!!!)

Isn't he cute!!!





In other GREAT news, my sister, Andrea, and her wonderful long-time beau, Matt, have announced their engagement today!! Congrats to them!! Big day for our family!!

10 comments:

Andrea Daniel said...

He is so beautiful!! This is so wonderful! Congratulations!!

Meghan said...

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!! He is amazing and I can't wait till he gets home!!!!
Baby showers and shopping in the immediate future -- Whee!!!

Unknown said...

I'm sooo excited for you! Congratulations! He is adorable!

Anonymous said...

He has the cutest little cheeks! What an adorable little boy. I, like, Meghan, can't wait to meet him.
Congratulations!!!!

Anonymous said...

That last comment was by Jess. In my excitement over the little one, I left off my name!

-Jess

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! I read Meghan's blog today and saw the news so I had to extend my good wishes to you too!!

monica gerlach

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, you two! He's such a cute little bugger!!

Ian

Anonymous said...

He is really cute. Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to you guys - he is amazingly cute & you are going to LOVE being parents. I can't wait to meet the little guy!

Shannon

Jo said...

Oh my goodness, he is so sweet!!!!

He is such a little peanut, I know the next few weeks will fly by!!!!